The Digital Design & Fabrication (DDF) will prepare students to utilize modern digital fabrication methods in the design and fabrication process. Modern methods of fabrication, such as 3D printing, have changed not only how objects are designed, but have also changed what can be designed and manufactured. As modern fabrication technologies continue to advance, the worlds of design and manufacturing will change and merge into something much more seamless. Through an approach that blurs traditional boundaries between art, engineering, design, fabrication and science, the DDF program will enable students to take full advantage of advanced manufacturing and fabrication techniques. Graduates will earn the Rhinoceros CAD certification (levels 1 & 2) and Stratasys Additive Manufacturing Certification.
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work providing evidence of a baccalaureate degree in any design-related field (e.g., art, engineering, industrial design, architecture and graphic design) from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Undergraduate preparation should include a basic drawing course or its equivalent
- Admission Essay describing interest in the program
- Contact information for two references
- Satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores for students who have a non-US degree.
- Portfolio including Samples of Completed Work
The MA in Digital Design & Fabrication consist of 36 credits. Students will produce/design a body of work using an array of advanced manufacturing techniques.
|Design and Fabrication Coursework (24 Credits)|
|DDF510||Computer Aided design 1||3|
|DDF502||Introduction to Computation for Media||3|
|ARH526||Studies in the History of Design||3|
|DDF512||Computer Aided Design 2||3|
|DDF555||3D Computational Design||3|
|DDF705||Advanced 3D Printing||3|
|DDF560||Introduction to Designing with Microprocessors||3|
|Electives (6 Credits)|
|Working with their advisor, students willl select 6 credits of graduate coursework in art, engineering and computer science.||6|
|Capstone Experience (6 Credits)|
|Working with their advisor, students will enroll in 6 credits of thesis or fieldwork as their culminating experience.||6|