Veterans & Military Financial Aid
Prospective Military Students and/or Dependents
The following websites contain information on resources, aid options, default rates, graduation rates and provide comparative school costs so that prospective students can make informed decisions about where to attend school.
1. College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
2. College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
3. The College Financing Plan is a model aid award letter designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school.
4. Paying for College can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information.
5. Our college's Student Financial Services website details how to apply for all types of aid, including Title IV.
Service members and non-service members alike may first want to contact any financial aid advisor staff before considering private loan aid so they have a clear understanding of all other available financial aid (State and Federal Title IV). Loans have to be repaid and private loans generally cost more in the long run and do not offer forgiveness options, etc.
The institution's CDR (Cohost Default Rate) percent of student borrowers and comparison to national averages is available on the College Financing Plan after filing the FAFSA and on College Navigator.
Federal Student Loans
All students have the ability to refuse all or borrow less than the maximum student loan amounts allowed or offered. For detailed information see Student Financial Services' Student Loans page.