Phone: (845) 257-3728
Location: Science Hall 153
The School of Science & Engineering is committed to inclusivity, diversity and equitable access to a high-quality education. We will:
- Provide a rigorous education in math, science, and engineering using evidence-based pedagogies that, in addition to developing the expected technical skills, emphasizes problem solving, communication skills, creative thinking and teamwork.
- Provide general education and introductory courses in math, sciences, and engineering which students can integrate within their majors and promote a life-long interest in our fields.
- Engage in research that contributes knowledge to our fields and in scholarship that applies our knowledge to other fields.
- Engage undergraduate students in real-world research and projects.
- Support STEM education within the Mid-Hudson Valley, beyond our own students. This includes preparing math and science students for careers in secondary education as well as educating the public about STEM-related issues.
- Offer graduate programs consistent with regional needs and opportunities.
- Contribute to the economic vitality of the region by supporting regional companies in research and development with expertise and access to resources.