|Aaron Hines, (845) 257-2968, email@example.com
|Microcredential may be used as a component of the MBA program.
The Healthcare Administration microcredential recognizes the completion of a three-course sequence covering healthcare policy, healthcare financing, and healthcare administration. With the projected growth of more than 20% in healthcare administration jobs between 2016-2026, there is considerable demand for professionals with knowledge of the healthcare field. The healthcare administration microcredential exists within the MBA program as a selection of electives that allow students to add a specialized expertise without investing in a second master's degree. Although situated within the MBA program, non-matriculated students are eligible to earn this microcredential as well.
To learn more, please contact:
Aaron Hines, Assistant Dean for MBA Programs
Phone: 845-257-2968 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may complete the courses below in any order. This micro-credential can be used as a component of the MBA program.
|Required Courses (9 Credits)
|Health Care Finance
|Healthcare Management and Leadership
By completing this micro-credential in Healthcare Administration, students will be able to:
- Analyze, compare and contrast components of US and foreign healthcare systems
- Apply macroeconomic theory to healthcare cost structure
- Analyze financial business transactions in the healthcare industry
- Understand revenue recognition practices
- Analyze the economic, legal and regulatory environment of the US healthcare industry
- Analyze factors relevant in maintaining a quality care setting
- Analyze healthcare leadership models and roles
- Create models of service excellence
- Develop healthcare system protocols