SUNY New Paltz will allow military-affiliated students with VA, DoD, and/or New York State Military/Veteran tuition and/or fees educational benefits to attend a course of education for up to 90 days from the date the beneficiary provides one of the following:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Approved DoD Tuition Assistance Voucher
- Listed on the NYS RIRP Approved Roster
- Valid VA Form 28-1905.
- Other related approved military-affiliated educational benefit’s verification document
This allows a student to attend the course(s) until VA, DoD, and/or New York State provides payment to the institution. NOTE: Extension to 90 day deferral will be granted to students upon delay of payment beyond 90 days.
IAW the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, SUNY New Paltz will not impose a penalty, (e.g., loss of access to blackboard, meal plan, late fee, etc…) additional cost (processing fees), or require the beneficiary to borrow additional funds to cover tuition and fees due to late payment from the VA, DoD, and/or New York State.
- IAW – In Accordance With
- DoD – Department of Defense
- VR&E – Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- VA – Department of Veteran Affairs
- RIRP – Recruitment Incentive & Retention Program