The deadline for receipt of all admission materials for the M.S. Ed. in Visual Arts Education program is April 15. Please prepare the following items for inclusion in the online application process:
- One official copy of transcripts showing all undergraduate and graduate course work and earned degrees. A minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average is required for admission.
- Evidence of New York State initial certification in art education.
- Contact information for two school administrators or personnel who will write you a letter of recommendation
- A current resume or CV indicating at least one year of teaching experience.
- A paper which presents your art teaching philosophy with examples from current practice.
- Statement descriptive of area(s) of interest such as curriculum, pedagogy, philosophy, reform, or society as it relates to art education on which the applicant wishes to focus for graduate studies.
- A portfolio of personal and student studio work.
- Satisfactory GRE scores.
|SUMMER (5 weeks) (11 Credits)|
|ARE501||Graduate Readings in Art Education||1|
|ARS511||Introduction to Graduate Studio Research||4|
|ARH569||Art in Contemporary Culture||3|
|ARE519||Art and Pedagogy I:Contemporary Approaches||3|
|FALL (online) (4 Credits)|
|ARS512||Graduate Studio Research I||2|
|ARE517||Visual Arts Research I||2|
|WINTER (online) (1 Credits)|
|ARE520||Winter Session Review||1|
|SPRING (online) (4 Credits)|
|ARS513||Graduate Studio Research II||2|
|ARE518||Visual Arts Research II||2|
|SUMMER TWO (five weeks) (10 Credits)|
|ARS714||Studion Graduate Research III||4|
|ARS501||Graduate Art Seminar||3|
|ARE721||Art and Pedagogy II||3|